BABY COT FELT MOBILE TUTORIAL

by - Monday, June 13, 2016


















































Baby cot mobiles. What is it about them that we love so crazily much? They're colourful, inviting and they help bedtime feel cozy for little ones. And they're so easy to make yourself or with a little help from a dedicated craftsman who will also chat you up on latest cartoons and headbands this life is too short to discuss in detail. I saw so many beautiful, mostly handmade baby cot mobiles around the internet and beyond I got the urge to try and risk it myself. Supplied in sheets of colourful felt, pom poms (not used but carefully considered for the task), small beads and funny faces - me and Nadia sat down to create something that may not last long once pulled and played with yet so adorable we couldn't just pass this opportunity up. A cloud made of two hearts sewn together and drops of rain (hearts and butterflies to add to a happy family) hanging down was all that was needed.


 Nadia was busy cutting shapes while singing loud and clear, I made sure all pieces had their place and looked just right from all angles. It all came together rather well - once the clouds were done, all we did was to string cut out elements on a piece of thread, finish it off with something pretty and heavy and voila, our new favourite toy has been born bringing some character to the small nursery nook that has been our dear hang out spot lately. I still think there are so many people out there making more beautiful and exquisite creations but I guess we didn't do bad either. I think I have already looked at it a hundred times hoping our little dude will be mighty excited too. What do you think? x



You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. Aww, how cute is this baby cot mobile. I recently became an aunt and I think this will be a perfect gift for my little niece, and yes Thank you to the little help from a dedicated craftsman will be a good idea. I hope you both had a great time.

    Thanks for sharing :-)

    Michelle
    http://twenty7bymichelle.com/update/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you xx And yes, this kind of hand made gift could be a precious souvenir :)

      Delete
  2. This is so sweet! I made the characters for my son's mobile but we bought a mobile kit that still played music so we only half diyed that one. I admire your commitment and of course the awesome outcome! Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a baby, but this is too cute!!

    http://fabulousinfayette.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to hang it over my baby boy's cot bed :)

      Delete
  4. So cute! This would be a great gift idea! Love this!

    ReplyDelete